Join the forefront of innovation and expertise as our Road Design Department Manager in Indianapolis, a role tailored for a driven Indiana Professional Engineer with INDOT experience! Our firm is a beacon in civil engineering and surveying, recognized for our exceptional team of professionals and our unwavering commitment to quality. We pride ourselves on servicing a diverse range of clients, from local municipalities to federal agencies. This position not only offers a stable, high-level opportunity with a balanced 40-hour work week and half-days on Fridays, but also boasts an attractive profit-sharing plan averaging 9.5% of gross income deposited directly into your 401k, alongside 24 days of PTO. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to use their skills and expertise to lead a department and mentor young professionals!
Qualifications and responsibilities for this Road Design Department Manager opportunity include:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of INDOT experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) in Indiana required
- Proficiency with MS Office, Autodesk Civil 3D preferred
- Basic experience in programming, macros, or task automation preferred
- Lead a department of 15 professionals, including engineers, project managers, and designers
- Oversee key aspects of transportation and roadway design, including plan development, presentations, specification writing, calculations, cost estimating, utility coordination, permitting, and report writing
- Collaborate in a team environment for road project development and design for state and local clients, ensuring effective communication of project statuses
- Involved in recruitment and fostering a positive company culture, while managing the quality of the design team's output
Salary: $55.00 - $80.00 per hour, commensurate with experience, plus annual bonus opportunities.
Benefits: This full-time, permanent, direct-hire position offers great benefits including health insurance, 24 days PTO, paid holidays, overtime pay over 40 hours, and a profit-sharing 401k plan.
DAVRON is the leading Headhunter and Executive Search firm for Engineering, Architecture, Construction and Manufacturing professionals nationwide. Our recruiters have direct communication with hiring managers allowing us to get you in front of company decision makers. You also receive one-on-one interview preparation and insider coaching from staffing experts to help you every step of the way. We want to see you thrive in challenging work environments that bring you excitement and prosperity in your career!
Seeking an exciting and prosperous career path? Look no further! Apply to this Road Design Department Manager opportunity now to join our team and take the first step towards an amazing career journey!
ROAD DESIGN DEPARTMENT MANAGER | CIVIL ENGINEER | PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER (PE) | TRANSPORTATION | INDIANA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (INDOT) | MS OFFICE | AUTODESK CIVIL 3D | MACROS | TASK AUTOMATION | ROADWAY DESIGN | COST ESTIMATING