We are seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer with extensive experience in the energy or utility industry to help establish our brand-new Washington, D.C. team! Our firm is a global leader in engineering and management consulting with a rich legacy dating back to 1970. As an employee-owned company at the forefront of District Energy innovation for over 50 years, we're not just shaping the industry; we're pioneering the path to a sustainable and carbon-neutral future. By joining us, you'll play a crucial role in shaping the transition to cleaner, more efficient energy solutions, and enjoy great benefits and unique perks like unforgettable company outings. Seize this opportunity to drive meaningful change with us!
Qualifications and responsibilities for this Mechanical Project Engineer opportunity include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Integrated Engineering, or related
- 5-10 years of mechanical engineering experience in the energy or utility industry, preferably the district energy department
- Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Proficient in HVAC systems, design, and low carbon/district energy technologies, with a track record of delivering feasibility studies and detailed designs for renewable and district energy solutions such as geoexchange, biomass, waste heat recovery, CHP, and district heating/cooling plants
- Capable of performing specification writing and reviews, preparation of plans, detailed drawings
- Knowledgeable in cost estimating, contract administration, and project management principles
- Oversee and coordinate District Energy projects, managing all aspects of client projects from budget development to construction
- Identify organizational and staffing requirements for successful project execution
- Coordinate activities with various stakeholders, oversee office administration, and act as the Engineering Manager for contractual and client engagement needs
salary: $115,000 - $160,000 per year, commensurate with experience, plus bonus opportunities.
Benefits: This full-time, permanent, direct-hire position offers great benefits including medical and dental insurance, profit sharing, 401k with company match, and PTO.
Relocation assistance may be available for well-qualified candidates.
DAVRON is the leading Headhunter and Executive Search firm for Engineering, Architecture, Construction and Manufacturing professionals nationwide. Our recruiters have direct communication with hiring managers allowing us to get you in front of company decision makers. You also receive one-on-one interview preparation and insider coaching from staffing experts to help you every step of the way. We want to see you thrive in challenging work environments that bring you excitement and prosperity in your career!
Seeking an exciting and prosperous career path? Look no further! Apply to this Mechanical Project Engineer opportunity now to join our team and take the first step towards an amazing career journey!
MECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER | PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER (PE) | MECHANICAL ENGINEERING | DISTRICT ENERGY | LOW CARBON | HVAC | CHILLERS | BOILERS | RENEWABLE ENERGY | UTILITIES | GEOEXCHANGE | BIOMASS | WASTE HEAT RECOVERY | CHP | DISTRICT HEATING/COOLING PLANTS | BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT