Our client, a leading transportation engineering firm based in DC, is currently seeking an experienced Director of Transportation Engineering to open and lead their new office in Maryland.
Our client is looking for someone with at least 15 years of experience in transportation engineering, a proven track record of successfully managing interdisciplinary teams and delivering high-quality projects. This individual should have extensive experience within the State of Maryland and specifically with the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT).
If you are a seasoned transportation engineering professional with a passion for leadership and business development, we encourage you to apply!
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering; Master's degree in Civil Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in transportation engineering, with a focus on traffic engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in Maryland
- Strong technical knowledge of traffic engineering, traffic analysis, modeling, design, and implementation alongside interdisciplinary experience across the industry
- Experience completing QA/QC reviews on transportation design plans
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to mentor and develop junior staff members
- Demonstrated project management experience, including budgeting, scheduling, and risk management
- Proven track record of business development and client management
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills with experience speaking at conferences
- Strong understanding of applicable codes, regulations, and standards
- Strong work ethic and commitment to delivering high-quality work
This full-time, permanent, direct-hire position offers a competitive salary and great benefits!
Salary: The salary for this position is around $175,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Benefits include discretionary bonus, 75% paid health, dental and vision for employee, 50% for family/spouse, 401k with 4% matching, 4 weeks PTO + holidays.
DAVRON is the leading Headhunter and Executive Search firm for Engineering, Architecture, Construction and Manufacturing professionals nationwide. Our recruiters have direct communication with hiring managers allowing us to get you in front of company decision makers. You also receive one-on-one interview preparation and insider coaching from staffing experts to help you every step of the way. We want to see you thrive in challenging work environments that bring you excitement and prosperity in your career!
DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING | TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING | CIVIL ENGINEERING | TRAFFIC ENGINEERING | PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER | TRAFIC ANALYSIS | MODELING | DESIGN